Saturday, April 29, 2006

AJ a Packer

Although a Vernon Davis would have been a popular pick, the Packers selection of AJ Hawk is exactly what they needed. AJ will be a nice impact player on defense, though I guess I could argue that they wouldn't have needed Hawk had they been able to sign Arrington. Nonetheless, I'm very happy with Hawk and look forward to him teaming with Barnett to form a good young linebacking corps.

In the second round, I'd like to see the Packers go for guard, with my preference being Taitusi Lutui of USC. Might be a bit of a reach, but he's a solid player and would be an immediate upgrade. Rumor was earlier today the Broncos would send the Packers a second rounder for Walker. As long as it was pick 37, I think I would have done that deal. I'd like to get a WR, but maybe a decent deep threat would be available in round 3.

Meanwhile, the Brewers are up 10-0 with six homers. And it's my daughter's fourth birthday. It's been a great day!

I'd also like to see if Calhoun lasts until the fourth if the Packers would take a flyer on him. He's got Westbrook-like potential, but may need some time to develop. My hunch is that TT will be trading a mid round pick somewhere to get more late rounders. We'll see.