Friday, June 30, 2006

It's Been Way Too Long

While I'm sure there is no one out there on the ledge because I haven't posted for a while, it sure is nice to get a chance to post again. I think I'll just fire off some random thoughts and updates:

**I finished the boxscores for the 1912 Eau Claire Commissioners. To my knowledge, it is the first time this information has been made available. It holds interest to the general baseball public since it also includes the stats for future HOFer Burleigh Grimes. Getting exact pitching data wasn't possible, but by my best guess he had a 4-4 record, logging 69 innings and giving up 35 runs (27 earned), 57 hits, 15 walks, and 47 strikeouts to give him an ERA of 3.52. Again, some of that information is estimated, but I'd be surprised if I was more than .25 off either way on the ERA. Like the 1911 season, the 1912 season, game by game, is available on an Excel spreadsheet for anyone who wants it.

**My next project may very well be tackling the game-by-game stats for 1910. I know that virtually complete stats are available, but I'm learning a lot by going through the seasons one game at a time.

**Inspired by Rex Hamman's excellent booklet on the Milwaukee Brewers' all-time minor league roster, I believe I have figured out a nice format for my book. One year at a time, with all the statistics listed first. Then I'll get into writing about the season. Again, this is where going through the games one by one helps out a great deal. Yes, this will be a comprehensive history of baseball in Eau Claire. More information than, well, probably anyone else would care to know.

**Ah, let's just do separate posts rather than cram everything into one. It doesn't cost extra!