Thursday, May 11, 2006

1911 and 1912 Updates

I'm happy to report that the 1911 Eau Claire season stats are complete, so anyone who reads this (there's anyone who reads this) and is interested can just drop me an e-mail and I will share them.

I have begun working on 1912, the season that was shortened to 41 games due to finances. I tell you, I think the newspapers (at least the Eau Claire paper) might have had something to do with the general lack of interest in the team. It was amazing how little the team was covered in 1912 as compared to 1911, which was the year after they captured the championship. In fact, I needed to go to other newspapers just to get full box scores on a handful of the the games. And sadly, one of the box scores just doesn't appear to exist. I've gotten some advice from minor league research experts that I should go ahead and compile as best I can, so that's what I'll do. But still, to me it's like being one card short of having a complete baseball card set, and still calling it a complete set.

I think I'll go ahead and try to compile the stats from 1909 and 1910 as well, even though they already apparently exist somewhere. They may exist in some form, but I would like to go through it anyway to see if there are some "one game wonders" out there. I'll try 1906 as well, but I'm thinking the box scores might be fairly limited. 1886 and 87? Love to, but I doubt I have enough info.