Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Uncle Jason

On Sunday night, my brother called. Now, I love my brother and we're best of friends, but dang--it was Survivor Finale time! He left a message and I figured on calling him back Monday night since I don't like using the phone past 8 or 9 at night (though I forgot about softball). So, I'm out playing softball and he calls again and talks to Shelley. I get home around 10:00 and Shelley says I need to call Travis. It turns out he has some news for me. I'm going to be a "blood uncle", as he called it. That's really cool news. I figured they would try and have kids relatively soon after they got married, and they were successful! I'm very happy for them, and hope I can help out any way I can.

Speaking of children, we started Andrew and Camryn in a new daycare yesterday. However, today was the first "normal" day as Shelley and I rode together and dropped the kids off. I wasn't expecting the level of difficulty. Andrew is so painfully shy that he was really getting nervous about the whole situation. They have always been taken care of in a private home, so going to an official daycare is a new experience for them. I think once the shyness starts to wear off they will both have a great time there. I hope so, anyway.