Thursday, October 12, 2006

Best Seller? Eh, Not So Much...

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot another component to make that Monday a great day. I received a royalty check from Arcadia Publishing. For a reason I can only assume was a mistake, we sold an amazing 119 copies of "Baseball in Eau Claire" during the first six months of 2006. If my estimations are correct, I would guess that puts the overall number of books sold at somewhere around 1,000-1,100. I was told at one time that 1,200 copies were printed, so we're getting close to selling out. I would doubt a reprinting will be in order, but if we keep going at a 20 book per month pace (3 years after release), I suppose it could happen. In any case, my dreams of having a basement full of unsold books seems to be coming less and less likely.

Not that that's a bad thing...